Welcome to GTA Resources
GTA Resources is a resource exploration company with three high quality Canadian projects, listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol GTA.V
GTA owns 51% of and is the operator at the Northshore Property, 70 km west of Hemlo, Ontario. The most recent results included a high grade interval of 9.47 grams/tonne (g/t) gold over 9.0 metres (the Gino Vein, in hole WB-13-51). The known surface area of mineralization is roughly 500 x 350 metres, with the deepest intercept at more than 300 metres, with numerous high grade intercepts and multiple occurrences of visible gold near surface. Previous results from Northshore included an intersection of 12.49 g/t Au over 33.2 meters within a zone assaying 3.21 g/t Au (1.20 g/t cut) over 152 metres in hole WB-11-11 (press release of Feb. 14, 2012).
GTA has drilled 11,390 metres here, with results from Phase 4 Exploration being released May 9, 2013, May 28, 2013, July 18, 2013 and December 10, 2013. Most of the 52 holes at Northshore produced significant gold intersections within a strongly altered felsic intrusive package, often including multiple occurrences of visible gold mineralization. Gold mineralization occurs in low-sulphide, brittle veins and veinlets throughout the host intrusive phases and has strong affinities to porphyry style gold deposits. The most current (Jan/14) drill map can be found here.
As a result of its exploration work, on June 10, 2014, GTA reported an initial National Instrument 43-101 mineral resource estimate only for the Afric Zone on Northshore. Highlights included:
- Indicated Category: 391,000 oz gold in 12,360,000 tonnes at a grade of 0.99 g/t gold
- Inferred Category: 824,000 oz gold in 29,580,000 tonnes at a grade of 0.87 g/t gold
- All resources are open for expansion
Going forward, GTA will focus on expanding the bulk tonnage Afric Zone and the near surface, higher grade mineralization within the central part of the Zone. This work will include detailed drilling, metallurgical sampling, environmental base line studies and examination of custom and on-site milling scenarios.
The NI 43-101 report can be found here: www.sedar.com/DisplayCompanyDocuments.do?lang=EN&issuerNo=00025445
Ivanhoe is a highly prospective large package of claims near Folyet in northern Ontario. The 94.6 sq km property is located between Probe Mines Limited’s new gold discovery at Borden Lake and the prolific Timmins Camp, and contains the historic Joburke Gold Mine. A map of the area showing significant deposits and current gold producers can be found here.
In the fall of 2014, GTA completed activities include prospecting, sampling, geological mapping and re-sampling of available historical drill core. This work has led to the identification of four gold zones which are scheduled for additional follow-up.
The four gold zones are:
- The Montana Zonewhich returned a number of anomalous gold values up to 4.81 g/t
- The BP Porphyry Zone, a broad zone of porphyry style mineralization was identified from re-examination of historical drill core and from GTA’s recent prospecting which discovered angular float assaying up to 18.1 g/t gold
- The Utah Zonewhich was discovered in 1986 by Utah Mines while testing an IP chargeability anomaly. A total of nine holes were drilled into a 20 metre wide alteration – deformation zone (sheared, silicified, carbonate, sericite, pyrite, arsenopyrite) with historical drill hole values of up to 6.9 g/t gold over 1.82m (from Ontario MNDM 1986 – Report of Activities). GTA interprets that the nine historical drill holes intersected the zone which was traced by Utah Mines over a 500 meter strike length and to a maximum depth of 100 metres
- The Tressle Target identified by GTA while reviewing historical data which included the location of mineralized float assaying up to 2.17 g/t gold, reported in an Ontario government geological survey carried out in 1951. The targeted zone is overburden-covered and located along the south contact of a strongly altered section of the Slate Rock Deformation Zone, and is on strike with the Utah Zone. Localized angular float in the area returned values up to 0.33 g/t gold from GTA sampling
GTA’s own work in the fall of 2014 plus previous work has outlined a number of gold occurrences, gold-in soil anomalies and gold alteration trends which will be the focus of GTA’s next stage of exploration.
GTA’s 100% owned Auden Property in northern Ontario is adjacent to Zenyatta Ventures Ltd.’s Albany graphite project. GTA is the largest landowner in the area, and is the only company (other than Zenyatta) to have known electromagnetic (conductive) targets. GTA has flown an airborne electromagnetic and magnetic survey on Auden in October, 2013 and and is currently carrying out a Phase 1 drill program on high priority EM targets identified in that survey. Constance Lake First Nation and GTA have signed an Exploration Agreement providing for cooperation and ongoing consultation.
Latest Press Release
- Press Release – Dec 9 2014 – Ivanhoe Results
- Press Release – November 13 2014 – GTA Issues Incentive Stock Options
- Press Release – October 17 2014 – GTA Announces Results of Shareholder Meeting
- Press Release – September 22 2014 – GTA Initiates Exploration Program on Ivanhoe Property
- Press Release – August 18 2014 – GTA Forms Joint Venture to Advance Northshore Property
- Press Release – August 5 2014 – GTA Announces Closing of First Tranche of Flow
- Press Release – July 16 2014 – GTA Updates Progress on it’s Ontario Projects and Announces Private Placement
- Press Release – June 10 2014 – GTA Reports Gold Resource Estimate at Northshore Afric Zone
- Press Release – Apr 30 2014 – Ivanhoe Property Option Final
- Press Release – Feb 11 2014 – GTA Commences Drilling at Auden Graphite Project
- Press Release – Jan 15 2014 – GTA Provides Update on Auden Graphite Project
- Press Release – Jan 9 2014 – GTA Terminates Squid Option
- Press Release – Dec 17 2013 – GTA Initiates Drill Program at Auden
- Press Release – Dec 10 2013 – GTA Reports Northshore Gold
- Press Release – October 2 2013 – Auden Airborne Commencement
- Press Release – Aug 13 2013 – Auden final
- Press Release – July 18 2013 – Nothshore Final Phase 4 Drilling Results
- Press Release – May 28 2013 – Northshore drill results